Friday, January 29, 2010

My first post

So I've just created my first blog. Ever! I've created it to write about my adventures of a wildlife rehabber. Little did I know what I was getting into back in the spring of 2007, when I saw a small ad in the local paper about learning how to help injured wildlife, with the non-profit organization Wildlife Rehabilitation and Release. As I had just moved to the country a few years earlier and love animals, I thought this would be a great opportunity to learn more about what to do if I found an injured animal or bird. When I went to the day-long training and saw little Oliver, the Western screech owl, on Kari Freidig's arm, I was hooked! I knew I wanted to work with the raptors, and some day maybe become a handler of the educational birds. I've learned an enormous amount since then, had some incredible experiences, both uplifting and heart-breaking, and I plan to do this for a very long time. Stay tuned for more stories!

1 comment:

  1. Janet,
    You definitely have had adventures! I look forward to reading about more of them on your blog!
    Jean

    ReplyDelete